Thursday, August 12, 2010

The World is a killer !

I have been retrospecting a lot lately and as a result writing this post, and now before I forget what I am supposed to write (yeah high antibiotics and elephant size injections make u forget things like 12 -24hrs of your life) let me just WRITE IT !

When I was a KID I used to think; Grown ups are smart, grown ups are powerful, grown ups have money that they can spend on whatever they want to spend on, grown ups are sensible, they can tackle anything and everything, they don't face problems, they are serious people, they have a clear cut idea about everything, they are smart, in short they are just awesome.

We kids have nothing to be happy about, we don't even get to eat ice-cream whenever we want to, we can't even watch Tv whenever we want to, we don't even get toys of our choice,we often get beaten up too, in short We Suck. I will grow up one day and the world would be my oyster.


When I was a TEENAGER I used to think; Grown ups are smart, they are sensible and rational people, they won't back stab, if they lie they can't be caught, if they do something they will do it perfect, if they are mean, they will have a reason, if they have money, they will spend sensibly, if they work, they will work hard, if they love, they will love for real, if they kick us, then may be we deserve it, in short grown ups are awesome.

We teenagers have school tension, we have so many crushes and not even one of them interested in us, we have so much tension everyday from school to coaching to parents to siblings, we can't even play cricket all day, can't even pull an all nighter, can't even bunk classes and go for movies, in short we suck.

Hell I wanna grow up so badly !


Now I think; I was a stupid kid and an idiot teenager, I thought everything about being grown up is so cool. It's not even 10% of what I thought it would be like.

Kids don't hide things so that you get in to trouble but grown ups do, kids don't back stab but grown ups do, kids don't kick you so that you can't stand again but grown ups do, kids don't spend money on things that are harmful for them and for others but grown ups do, kids don't plot against you but grown ups do, in short kids are awesome.

Teenagers don't plot against you like grown ups do, teenagers have real fun even with so called friends, grown ups pretend to have fun with their so called friends, teenagers get crushes everyday but think 10 times before harassing them, grown ups harass their crushes the moment they have one, teenagers are happy with whatever money they have, grown ups can kill for money and still won't be satisfied, in short teenagers are awesome.

Yes ! I think being a grown up isn't cool, not that it brings a lot of responsibilities on your shoulders but because it exposes you to the world, where everyone is a grown up. Hence the world is mean, smartly-evil, desperate, sick, raw, unethical, somehow stupid, lusty, screwed-up, vulnerable and a killer !

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely.Am in my late teens and this sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are angels on earth .One more i like abt kids is that they fight with friends but next day again get back to being friends without any grudge or malice in their heart. that doesnt happen when u grow up,Being a teenager is also fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez.. I think I have kind of written the same thing 20 minutes ago :D

    Actually not really but kind of on the same topic...but you are damn right abt your analogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I super duper liked this post... :) Completely second it. I wrote something similar in my diary long ago actually. Remembered that suddenly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a super cynical post, Yes
    but it also reminds us pretty rudely of the time which is not coming back to us... you reminded me of those carefree days which only seem like a dream now.
    life gets totally fucked up once we grow up...so its better to avoid the bullshit and let the child inside us stay...in crisis, its the best support one has!
    Its fun to break into dance while walking, or jump on those tip tap toes, eat ice cream from the tub or simply watch those fav cartoons time and again...childhood is fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fact is people are never happy. I mean mostly. Any age they can find flaws!

    true post aahe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)
    yeah, growing up is a harsh reality-shock for all of us...why u on anti-biotics n injections??

    take care Peter Pan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. um sure da phrase "kids are awesome" is just fo me!! ;) i kno i m!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey!!ashwin started spying :))and dis is so true being a grown up sucks big time i wish i cud grow backwards like Brad Pitt does in d curious case of benjamin button

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was awesome as a teenager and even more so as a kid..I hate growing up. I shedding my sincerity and innocence with time and I loathe it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...gud post...well written and executed....nice approach and interesting content...keep blogging and all the best!

    By the way:
    hi.........i'm a 15 year old blogger.....currently taking part in the "My Demand" contest......
    please read my post n support me by voting if u find it interesting....

    My post link: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=30629

    Greetings,
    Mohammed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was a good post..
    it just reinforces the idea that we are never fully happy with wat we are n always keep looking for somethng better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YReach's "Be Inspired" - a seminar by Krishna Sagar on work-life balance, stress management and more is rescheduled to 13th November at Prasad Labs, Road No. 2, Banjara Hills, Opp. Cinemax. Come and be motivated to make the change for the better!! Register for the event at http://www.yreach.com/hyderabad/news/be-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete