Sunday, March 7, 2010

'D' graded !

"Lectures 1-5 done ! Mugged up the whole chart from 6th, okay from 7th too,8-10 are pretty manageable. So overall first test chapters are finished. Since I did not give the second test I don't have any idea what shit is in there in those lectures from 20 to 30 and well, I am as ignorant about the last 10 lectures as they are about me. "


As I said these words I looked at my watch, it was already 9:00 P.M.


"Shit man have to get the xerox too from the girls hostel before it closes. You know they jot every single thing down, like EVERY single thing !! from the Historical dates to Biological fates" I panicked and the guy next to me adjusted his specs and replied "yeah I know thats how they increase the class average, Bitches !"


"Alright So I will get papers xeroxed and also Get the reference books issued from the Library" as I finished my last line the moron again gave me '....And Yeah I will be waiting on the edge of my seat to welcome you' look, adjusting his spectacles for the 10th time in a minute. Well, he was a typical breed of asshole which you usually find in all the Engg colleges. He criticized everyone in the world for everything they have done, are doing and are planning to do and his criticism always had the hardcore maa-bahen gali back up. In fact, on a given day the guy would have criticized himself for everything he did.


So I got the important last year's question papers xeroxed along with the keys, important paragraphs underlined,important pages and topics tick marked. As I crossed the common hall, I saw guys playing T.T, watching TV loudly, some discussing their last counter strike match's details, a few talking to their girlfriends in the corridor over the phone .




"DAMN the other branches !! Why only Biotech people have to suffer ? We lack unity, Girls increase the average all the time and we guys suffer. Look at these bloody computer science chilled out guys, they bunk 8 out of every 10 lectures on an average, sleep all night before the exam and each of them are as goosey as the other one is, still everyone has a decent CGPA....."


Yes the frustrated guy had started complaining again.


"Okay shut up, we hardly have 12 hours to complete the whole portion, but then have done it before, we can do it again, as of now I am in B grade If I crack two exams well then I will safely remain in B... even after an okayish end-sem." I reminded the guy and he nodded, but with an evil smirk.


We mugged till 3:00 A.M, "Okay I am exhausted will have something and come back, else the night canteen will get closed in sometime, you want something to eat?" I asked him and he took his eyes out of the book and they were red, hair all messed up, spectacles tilted..."No I am fine" came his reply.


"Yeah You do look fine, in fact you look as fine as a gang-raped-prisoner" I thought and gave an evil smirk in return. I did that on purpose but he perhaps did not notice or was too used to it. I had always hated this jerk and so did everyone, in fact my roomie always slept in someone else's room whenever I had an exam and complained about him the very next day.


I came back after having Maggie and coffee, I had coffee or tea only during exams to keep me awake. I still don't have either of them, they give me headache. Pretty strange? yeah I know !


I came to my room and the guy was sleeping on my bed with his legs on my pillow, butt facing the roof, head over a thick book and the horror of all the horrors, he was salivating like how a buffalo ruminates. I checked the book from a distance, and thank god it was his own book! I took out the pillow gently put it out of his reach and started mugging up more..and mugged from 4.00 a.m-8.00 a.m non-stop, did not try to wake that guy up. "If he doesn't score in tomorrow’s exam, then at least there will be someone who won't raise the average." I thought. Now that's what a competitive world does to you, you become selfish !


The guy got up at 9:00 A.M, looked at his watch and took 5 mins of nap more. I said softly and reluctantly , "dude get up, we hardly have 2 hours more" I actually wanted him to sleep till 11.00, but probably he did not hear anything, because after 5 mins he got up screaming and abusing everything and everyone in the world, including himself. "Why did not you wake me up man?" He was sounding as frustrated as Chetan Bhagat's main leads.


"10 times, yes 10 times I tried waking you up, but it seems you were in your deepest slumber" I of course lied. "But don't worry, I have almost covered everything up, Will teach you in the next 2 hours all the important topics and you can score decently" this time I meant whatever I said and the guy looked convinced.


He rushed to his room and came back with his toothbrush in his mouth and went on flipping pages madly, tried to rub the saliva from the book and I pretended not noticing all that. "Okay so look here, this is pretty easy and important they have been asking about Drosophila melanogaster's life cycle since 3 years in every exam and also polypodium's and angiospermic life cycles. They all can together fetch you 20-30 % marks for this exam I bet." I explained all the cycles to him, to make everything easy and I revised along with the guy till 10:45.


"okay 15 minutes left, I will change my dress, you also go and change, and don't forget to keep a pencil to draw the diagrams, last time a guy used a pen and the professor whacked his ass off and yeah you have to sit in room number 4 and I am in 3. so see you after the exam, best of luck." I wished him. The guy said "thanks" and left the room hurriedly without wishing me, as if only he had to appear in the exam.


I looked at the bed, it never looked so tempting. I looked at my watch, I had 10 minutes. "It will take 2 minutes to reach the exam hall and I know where I have to sit, so don't have to waste my time in searching for that hence I can afford to lie down for 5 minutes." I said to myself and went to the bed with 70 % of upper half of my body lying on it.


12:05 P.M, "My great lord, you had not given your second test coz you were not well and guess what? you just missed your third test for no reason at all. Now they can consider to give a make-up exam, for those who were not well during 2nd and 3rd tests separately, but it looks like you can give only one of the two exams. From B grade, I welcome you to D grade. Ohh !! by the way,the question paper comprised 90 % of whatever you taught. Thank You." The guy was happy and satisfied like he had the best sex ever.


"Okay shut the door properly as you walk out, cya in the evening" I said.

http://www.blogger.com/img/icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

26 comments:

  1. Ok can I like give a phataak to you roomie?
    I mean you did all the mehnat reading things like dragon-ball-monster's life cycle and for what??
    Once I studied till 3am and fell asleep during the exams :P

    D is good no? I mean it isn't F .
    aaah the tales of engg. college.
    haan biotech girls study a lot!
    ps: other girls do so too :F

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S- It's not only shitty in you engineers ke lives. Law students have equally fucked up people out here. At least you bothered to wake him up! My roomie didn't wake me for an exam once :) LUCKILY i woke up at 8:50 and rushed for my exam which was at 9 and yeah, there was no bus and my college is 10 mins away from my hostel :P

    I HATE GIRLS !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ I'll try to be

    No my roomie was not there the whole night and even in the afternoon, so don't slap him :P

    yeah D is the second last..!!
    Others gals study too, but there are guys to compensate for them .but biotech has maximum gals :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ MAds

    yeah it's everywhere I guess, thats what I meant by "that's what Competitive world does to you."

    Ask Amrita to slap YOUR roomie !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, u just refreshed my long lost memories... Thanx for tat... And yeah, everyone in our batch hates tat asshole... :)
    Keep writing...
    Cheers...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aiite wat m i supposed to say??? u cant ever b like paulo coehlo...coz he wudnt ever honestly write abt his dumb idea ruinin his exams...i mean cmmon man wer in da wuld wud u get da idea of tkin a 5 or 8 min nap jst b4 xms...wo vi after stayin up da whole nyt...LOL...mst say u r a genius....awesome presentation...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Pretty (kiddo) :P

    I know I know :D
    thnks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just bcoz peter says so :)
    *mads ke roomie ko slap*
    shit is that harini ?
    "sorry harini" :(

    haan biotech has the max and often the prettiest gals! and jaise tu bol raha hai quite a combination of beauty and rattabaaz they are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe.. I cannot comment.. I did not live in a hostel.. I am those 'Computer Science' Guy..! And I also wear specs! :)

    But reminded me of engineering,,!! Days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I thought your engineering is over and you are safely tucked in a job in Hyd..

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ I'll try to be...

    yes ask her about her roomie..she loves her :P
    prettiest gals ? are u kidding me :O?
    rattebaaz all were :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Abhinav

    Yeh toh purani baatein hain ..ab koi problem nahi hain CS walon se :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ scattered Thoughts ..

    and guess wat ? you were absolutely right !!
    this happened in 3rd,but it was funny so decided to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Err... ahem! I wonder why you endured the guy... :-s

    It's not just bio-tech with rattebaaz... (actually no idea about biotech) BUT girls who don't know E of Electronics go and top exams... :| :| :|

    Thankfully, this tempting sleep thing has never made me actually go off to sleep, and I am forced to wake up my friends with the only tool I have... missed calls :-w

    @Mads
    You hate girls... :( me too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i thought i could read a post in a jifffy...lekin...koi nahi...next time...how's u Peter Pan?

    ReplyDelete
  16. its not just biotech dude...its the same in some other branches too :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. well the story is common everywhere..
    I have burnt midnight oil many a times,but fortunately never slept like this :D
    But yes, a part of me,part kya..almost whole of me would love if ppl around me go to sleep and get up when I am already reading question paper in the examination hall..hahha :D sadist i know..who isnt!!

    Awesome post!! :) loved it

    ReplyDelete
  18. And that's exactly why they say you sld have a good sleep before you write the exam
    ( which you actually did except of course that you didn't appear for the exam :P )

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Akansha

    Girls mug up thngs easily and thats a fact, I know some f them who even mug up the roads like this;

    "2 Rights, then One left, then samney hanuman mandir ayega, uskey bad one right, one left, and then straight 2 mins 45 seconds of walkand then a final right turn..and I will reach my PG."

    can u believe ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Vinnie

    heyyyy hw have u been ?
    I miss reading ur blog ...recreate one right now ..I am gud btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ John

    i know ..but was just talking bout myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Chitwan ..

    hehe ..no i get this sadistic feeling at times ..but then suddenly i feel guilty, so don't do it ..
    thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Sugar Cube

    I know I know ..tabhi toh it was funny and I shared it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Er.. well *sheepish* mera road sense bhi ganda hai... :( AND I also have to keep landmarks in mind... BUT main rattebaaz nahi hoon... nahi hoon... nahi hoon... :-s *pleads innocence*

    Ok thoda dramatic ho gaya... :P but honestly, I have a bad road sense, I hate driving or actually am scared to death while doing it :( sooo cannot compare... *shakes her head*

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Akansha

    means u are also geographically challenged...nice .so M I !
    Hi-5 !

    ReplyDelete