Junior: Yes Sir.
Senior: Don't you know how to wish your seniors ?
Junior: Hello sir.
Senior: Dude, I am not your friend, give a technical wish and bend or you can salute, and btw where is your dress code and why the hell you did not get your fresher’s cut hair style yet.
Junior: G G..Good morning sir! I don't know the dress code and I don't know what's Fresher’s cut.
Senior: wear formal shirts with collar button closed and third button from the top should be open. Don't dare to fold the sleeves, wear broad Formal pants, wear bathroom chappals and no celphones or watches allowed and fresher’s cut is a kinda military cut, every damn saloon knows about it. Get everything done and come to room number 308 by 9 P.M Sharp. We will have introduction.
Junior : OK sir.
This is a general first day conversation between a junior and a senior in an Engg/medical college. With the new sessions getting started, I recall my good old ragging days. It was fun to get ragged, and it was even more fun to take the revenge. I even ragged my own batch mates. Well some of them used to wish me all the time, thinking that I am their senior, So I obviously took the advantage of that. I learned a lot from my own ragging so, implemented and experimented all the fundas on my juniors (yes, girls too). I was obviously hated by the juniors because of that but I don't have any regrets as I never liked most of my juniors. Maximum of them were stupid, outlandish and arrogant or may be It's every senior's mentality.
"All the Seniors think that their university is going to kids"
Ok now back to the point, Ragging is an art, first of all it's called introduction. We did not violate 1956 act by A.P government under which Ragging is a crime. So under introduction we have several subtle categories and ways of knowing a person. It's important to know If a junior can:
1. Mimic a dog/cat/monkey/pig.
2. Pretend that he is driving a bike and take a whole round of the college with a girl at his back seat and the 'vrooom' sound coming out of their mouth.
3. If he can pass the 50 Paisa coin from his mouth to his friend’s mouth.
4. If he can Kick Warden's Door at 12 in the night.
5. If he can do a snake dance in front of the whole batch or can tell who is the tota/maal in his batch and get free comments/kicks.
6. If he can give his/her introduction in pure Hindi, Yes you should know that Computer Science is called 'Abhikalan Vigyan'.
7. If he can utter at least 10 hard core gaalis (Kaminey, saley,kuttey, harami are nowhere in the league)
8. If he/she can read out loud the barking tables ,e.g, 'voww x 1= voww', 'voww x 2 = voww voww' so on ......
9. If he or she can give answer some tricky questions such as "define SEXY" and the if he answers "Sexy is something you want to have sex with" he is not an engg for sure. The answer is 'SEXY' sounds like 'SEC C' so d/dx Sec C = sec C.tan C.
10. Similarly ‘1/tanX’ is ‘cot X’ and I won't describe how that sounds like.
11. If he can write down his branch's name using his ass as a pen and dragging that on the floor, even short forms workout like Electronics and communication would be ECE or computer science would be CS but bechare Biotechnology wale :(
Rigorous introduction has scores(thappad) involved and to deserve that, you need not do anything, it just comes your way at anytime. Then you should know that senior guys are your technical 'Baaps' and senior girls are your technical 'moms'. 3rd and 4th year guys are super seniors and faculties are *****. There are a lot of technical and biological things one should know about.
If you happen to be someone who has never given/done any rag-duction I Pity you.
If you are one of those who are about to explore the college life (especially engg or medical) best of luck.
If you are a senior, then do it on my behalf ..pleaseee.
If you are a pass out like me then just read this post and comment.